Senior Software Architect
4C Strategies is a leading international provider of training and risk management solutions with operations in the US and Europe. Our mission is to contribute to an improved and more secure environment for organizations and their people. Today we are leading the digitalization of training readiness solutions to enhance the mission effectiveness of US military forces and their Allies around the world. We are a highly skilled team of professionals who love to innovate, deliver quality solutions to clients and have fun every single day doing it.
4C Strategies brings together expert services and the Exonaut software to deliver integrated training and readiness management solutions in mission-critical environments. Founded in 2000, 4C Strategies has offices in Sweden, the United Kingdom, Washington D.C. and Orlando FL.
We offer you the opportunity to be part of a successful international team designing and creating software for supporting training and exercise management worldwide for the military, emergency, government and private sectors. In this role you will serve as a Senior Software Developer and Application Architect significantly impacting the development of our software architecture to help execute our long-term vision. You will help lead the overall system design vision based on and integrated with a streaming, micro-services architecture. This position will be an important part of our mission to support the US market and has a high degree of self-responsibility, in close cooperation with our core software team in Sweden, to adapt and adjust the solution for our customers in this market.
We expect you to be self-driven with high motivation to create solutions that will exceed the customer’s expectations. You will work integrated with our development teams around the globe and will be responsible for the solutions assigned to you. We work iteratively as a team, but your work will also be done in direct cooperation with the customer and our partners.
To succeed in this position excellent collaboration skills are needed. This right candidate will work collaboratively with software management to ensure consistent implementation of the software architecture throughout the development life cycle. You are skilled in organizing and prioritizing your work in an efficient manner and have a high level of quality consciousness in your work. We think you are not only devoted to develop great software, but also doing it with a smile while seeing work as a place where you can have fun!
Requirement: US Citizen
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science or related field
- 4-6 years of experience working software solutions and integrations
- Specific experience in delivering software projects to the US Government
- 1-3 years of experience in System and End-Goal software architecture design and implementation
- Ability to present architectural systems, plans and development
- Building large enterprise software systems
- Containerization and related tools
- Java programming language and open source libraries
- Skilled in designing and documenting software solutions
- Experience with US Army training systems
- Knowledge of REST, JSON and related technologies
- Knowledge of military simulation systems
- Military training and doctrines
- Full technology stack insight, such as streaming platforms, queuing systems, SQL, Application Servers, web and mobile front-ends
- Ability to obtain an interim DoD SECRET clearance, Candidates with existing DoD SECRET clearance are preferred
- Solution Architect with experience with Jelastic PaaS Cloud Hosting Platform is highly desired
- Strong analytical and communications skills
- Work independently and be responsible for delivery
- Ability to have positive interactions with customers and partners
- Limited travel required to support software integration and software baseline merge activities
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression