Who we are
At 4C Strategies, we combine our expert knowledge and software services to make the world a safer place.
We are a leading provider of organisational resilience, readiness & training solutions which we deliver through our Exonaut® software and professional services. We provide a tailored approach to help our clients be ready to face modern challenges and keep their colleagues, customers and partners safe.
Since our creation in 2000, our people, processes and software expertise have been proven in mission critical environments within the public, private and military sectors and we now serve over 200 clients in 70 countries around the globe.
You will be joining as a Product Owner in our Product Management team and will be part of an international growing community of Product Owners who, in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders, are responsible for producing the vision, roadmaps and backlog of software solutions that support training and exercise management worldwide for the military, public and corporate sectors. Based in our London office, you will be reporting to the Head of Training Products & Innovation and will be working closely with our development and customer facing teams in the UK, Nordic and internationally. Your main responsibilities include:
- Designing the roadmap of large custom products which are developed on a standard domain platform baseline and collaborating with the Lead Developer to design and monitor the product backlog
- Conducting user research tasks such as workshops, interviews and data analysis to derive actionable insights feeding into the product roadmap and backlog (e.g. user stories/journeys/workflows, personas, wireframes/low fidelity mock-ups, technical specifications etc.)
- Producing clear executable functional, non-functional and integration requirements specifications in collaboration with the development team
- Supporting the UX and Development Teams in producing content such as, but not limited to, high fidelity mock-ups, data models and architecture supporting an agile development environment
- Overseeing the progress of the product development from research to release in assigned projects/products
- Monitoring the success of the product by implementing relevant product KPIs and deriving action plans based on their outcomes
- Facilitating the recording and delivery of customers’ change requests
- Contributing to both the core & domain product research and roadmap
Who you are
You are a resourceful self-starter who takes pride in delivering highly impactful solutions to the best of your abilities. Product and Engineering excellence matters to you but not to the detriment of customer satisfaction. You keep a high level of customer centricity, integrity and accountability in everything you do. You enjoy working with people from various backgrounds and are a real team player who consistently strives to collaborate with your colleagues. You are suitable for this role if you can demonstrate that you have:
- Degree education, preferably in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related field. Candidates without a degree but able to demonstrate significant commercial experience in a software development environment are also welcome.
- Commercial experience as a Product Owner or similar role for a software product in an Agile environment
- Proficiency working with Agile/Scrum methodologies
- Experience building and maintaining product roadmaps and backlogs
- Ability to conduct meaningful user research tasks
- Strong presentation and communications skills
- Willingness to travel occasionally, primarily to 4C offices and military training areas, worldwide
- Flexibility to support, connect and interact with our consultants and customers in various time zones
- Experience from military organizations will be considered as well as basic understanding of programming would be a great plus
Please note that for this position you are able to, or have the ability and permission to, live and work in the UK.
As 4C's assignments often include handling of sensitive and secret information, all employees need to be prepared to undergo security clearances and vetting, either in connection with employment or during the period of employment for different projects. Failure to meet security clearance requirements may result in employment termination. Because of our global military customer base, the role will require occasional international travel and work outside of regular office hours.
4C strategies is an equal opportunity employer and we deeply care about making everyone feel they can be their true self at work.
We strongly encourage people of all colours, background, sexual orientation, sexual identity, and ability to apply. In your application, please feel free to note which pronouns you would prefer us to use (for example - she/her/hers, he/him/his, they/them/theirs, etc). If you need reasonable adjustments at any point in the application or interview process, please kindly let us know.