Sales Manager, International Military
4C Strategies is a leading provider of organisational resilience, readiness & training solutions by integrating our award-winning Exonaut® software and expert services.
Our people, processes and software have been battle tested in mission critical environments by some of the world’s largest organisations in the public, private and military sectors. A crucial part of 4C Strategies’ success is our global team of experienced consultants and developers who are passionate about our mission to build a safer society. As we continue to grow from our offices in Sweden, the UK and the US, we are actively looking for new talent.
Founded in 2000, 4C Strategies now serve over 200 clients in 70 countries around the globe. We contribute to a safer society by combining the power of digital innovation with industry expertise to build the resilience of organisations, their people and clients.
Description of Role
The primary responsibility of this role is to develop business and drive sales within the International Defence Sector. The Sales Manager is expected to identify and manage new sales opportunities from start to finish and support colleagues in the International Military Industry Teams (Project Delivery) in the identification and prosecution of sales opportunities from existing Accounts and Projects. The Sales Manager is expected to generate revenue from selling our proven-solutions; primarily software as well as billable consultancy hours.
- End-to-end sales cycle of lead generation, presales, proposals, tender management and closing of International Military sales
- Develop relationships with International Military clients and relevant industry partners to identify further opportunities for 4C Strategies growth
- Demonstrate 4C Strategies solutions
- Produce effective proposal documents, pitches/presentations and RFP responses that match 4C solutions to potential customer requirements
- Understand 4C Strategies software development & implementation process and provide input for innovation, as required
- Support the production and implementation of marketing plans and sales materials, with particular focus on the International Military market
We expect you to be a self-starter with excellent problem-solving skills and a can-do attitude. You have the ability to build trust and create good relationships with both customers and colleagues. You will be adept at developing great teams to achieve success.
All employees are expected to act in accordance with the 4C values and to show an attitude of commitment to the strategic vision and objectives of the company.
To be successful in this position you need to have a clear understanding of the importance of Military Readiness, Military Capability Development and the Military approach to Training and Development. You will be familiar with current Live, Virtual and Constructive training solutions; ideally, you will have relevant experience in the planning, delivery and evaluation of training within the context of the Armed Forces.
- Ex-Military and experience of working within a training requirements or delivery organisation
- Minimum of two years of commercial experience, ideally in a Sales/BD role in a similarly focussed organisation.
- Academic degree or other relevant education (eg Military Staff College)
- Proven track record of delivering results and achieving revenue targets
- Strong presentation skills and excellent communications skills
- Ability to build trust, value others, communicate effectively, drive execution and foster innovation
- You have a broad network, at the appropriate level, which can lead you to positive engagement within the Armed Forces and broader Defence Sector.
This role is based in the UK, from either our London or Warminster offices.
Please note a requirement for this role is that you are able to, or have the ability to, live and work in the UK.